We are going to cancel the usual Sunday training due to a shortage of coaches required to run the session. We do apologise for any inconvenience, but we hope to see everyone at training on Monday and Wednesday evening.
The sprinting workshop (open to 2008's and older) run by Coach Brian will still go ahead in Kilbogget tomorrow, 11-12pm.
Unfortunately due to inclement weather this evening training in Kilbogget is cancelled.
Due to inclement weather forecast and coaches availability training in Kilbogget is cancelled this Sunday.
The health and safety of our athletes, coaches and all our volunteers are our primary concern. Therefore, following this morning's announcement by An Taoiseach, we regret to advise that we are cancelling all our training sessions with immediate effect and until further notice. The club will continue to monitor Government and HSE advice in the coming weeks and will advise our members when the situation changes.
Please also see the Athletics Ireland Statement below in relation to the National Juvenile Indoors Championships (which were scheduled for 28th/29th March, and 4th April):
"The Irish Life Health National Juvenile Indoor Championships were scheduled to take place on March 28th, March 29th, and April 4th. Due to the unforeseen issues around COVID-19 we are currently considering all options for these events. Based on advice from the Government and the HSE, no indoor mass gatherings of 100 people or more can take place between March 12th and March 29th. Athletics events will not take place on March 28th or March 29th. A detailed update will be provided to all clubs by Friday March 20th, once we have had an opportunity to speak with all key stakeholders and plan accordingly. We understand that this decision will result in inconvenience and disappointment to many athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and supporters. However, we are sure that all will understand that the decision is taken in the best interests, not just of the athletics community, but of the Country."
We hope that everyone stays safe during this difficult time.
Due to the inclement weather we have to cancel Kilbogget training this evening.
Indoors will continue for the younger age groups in Sallynoggin as planned.